At the start of 2023, the Mémorial de la Shoah invites you to discover, on the one hand, its new major exhibition Spirou dans la turmoil de la Shoah, an opportunity to tackle a difficult subject as a family, and, n the other hand, the exhibition dedicated to the photographer and resistance fighter Julie Pirotte. Also don’t miss
the end of the exhibitions 11,400 children. Portraits by C215 and “By the Grace of God”, the Churches and the Shoah, as well as the cycle and visits devoted to them.
We offer you, as usual, an anthology of events with multiple themes:
– events around January 27, international day dedicated to the memory of the victims of the Holocaust (note a projection-meeting
preview of the documentary by Antoine Lifaut and Caroline Protat dedicated to Ginette Kolinka, survivor of the Holocaust);
– special programming as part of the Week of Education and Action against Racism, Anti-Semitism and LGBT+ Hate (including an evening during which laughter and humor will be used as a vector of education);
– our History to the present cycle now devoted to the year 1943;
– our very first short film festival;
– and major events in the auditorium, including several preview screenings and an exceptional meeting with comic book author Joann Sfar.
Throughout 2023, we are continuing our remembrance work with year-round commemorations of the deportation of Jews from France in 1943. You can also take part in planned remembrance trips to Auschwitz and Warsaw.
Finally, at the Shoah Memorial in Drancy, a new School and Resistance exhibition is opening, and historians, journalists and sociologists are also waiting for you there for several meetings around books on the Shoah.
We hope to see you at one of these events, either at the Memorial or online and live on our website and social media.
Free, upon registration